Power Jack Repair replacement fix specializes in dc power jack replacements repair and fixes of charging ports on laptop computers. DC power Jack on the laptop is also known as an AC DC (direct current) power port, dc power input, laptop dc power connector, laptop charging port, notebook charge port, pc power socket, pin, computer power inlet, laptop prong, point, inlet, charging receptacle part, it is an inside piece in the laptop where the dc power plug (tip part of your AC adapter cable) plugs into. It usually goes bad if for quite some time you had to wiggle the plug to make the system power up or charge the battery, it also goes bad if you would accidentally drop the notebook computer from a table and it lands on a dc power plug that would push in and break the inside power jack connector of your laptop.
Basically, if your laptop battery is not charging anymore, you have to wiggle or jiggle the plug and dc connector constantly to make the system work because the piece inside is loose, the screen flickers, then it is probably the dc power jack issue. If the laptop is at the point where it does not power up anymore at all then the jack is completely broke.
Your laptop will be fixed and shipped out of here by the end of the next business day after we receive it. Our full time jobs are taking the laptops apart, remove / desolder the dc power jack from the laptop’s motherboard, solder the new power jack to the motherboard, put your laptop back together, test it out, make sure everything works and everything was connected properly, package the laptop and send it back to you.
To fix your laptop we charge a flat rate fee of $100 for labor, parts and return shipping. If you already taken the laptop apart yourself and want us to fix just the motherboard then the fee is $60 for labor, parts and return shipping. We offer 30 day money back guarantee and we also have a NO FIX NO CHARGE policy, if we can’t make your laptop work then you will get your money back in the box with the laptop minus the actual cost of return shipping. We don’t have any diagnostic fees, bench fees, or any other fees. We have a 5 star rating on Facebook reviews, Yelp review, BBB, Google reviews if you are not happy with the service we simply give the money back. We work on all jacks on all laptops except USB Type C (oval shape micro jacks like on your phone).
LAPTOP MAILING INSTRUCTIONS
If you decide to use our services please pack your laptops very well, please include your AC power adapter with the shipment (if you forget to put it in the box don’t worry we have adapters here to test your laptop with), if you want you may remove the hard drive and keep it at home. Fedex ground is the cheapest carrier for mailing laptops, save money by not paying for “signature required” service since location below is in the middle of nowhere. Pack the laptop yourself since Fedex Kinko’s and UPS store charges ridiculous amount of money for packing your laptop. Provide the address where to ship the laptop back. Enclose a payment for the repair in the box: write out a check or money order or cashier check made out to Applicasoft, or paypal or credit card, cash is fine too, and ship your package to:
527 DEER RUN
FOX LAKE, IL 60020
Chicago clients we have a second location 25 minutes north of downtown of Chicago by appointment only at 710 mill circle #107 wheeling, IL 60090 Walk in clients please bring cash to pay for the repair once it is complete. We accept walk in clients at both locations.
With any questions feel free to TEXT or call us at any reasonable time (847) 529 9441 seven days a week.
When choosing us as your service provider please keep the following facts in mind:
- We are the first company in the U.S. to offer dc jack repair (power connector socket input port prong receptacle) service by mail in the year 2000, a decade later (2019) we still replace more dc power jacks than anybody else in the world.
- We offer 30 days money back guarantee, if you are unhappy with the repair within first 30 days of using the fixed laptop then let us know and we will give you the money back minus the cost of return shipping.
- We have a no fix no charge policy, basically if after the dc jack replacement the system does not fire up then we don’t charge you anything
- We specialize in power jack replacements, we don’t work on any other computer issues except power jack repairs thus we have all parts in stock at all times.
- We don’t fix your old jack, we simply put a brand new one instead of the old one (basically we replace it)
- Our price is all inclusive, there is no up selling, there are no diagnostic fees of any kind, there is no bait and switch. We make the system work at an advertised price, or we don’t.
- Legitimacy and reviews: Please check our Facebook, yelp, google reviews. Also Chicago office of Better Business Bureau has an A+ rating for our company, here is the link to BBB web site for our company copy and paste: BBB.org/chicago/business-reviews/computers-service-and-repair/applicasoft-in-wheeling-il-88263336 It shows we are in business for 19 years without a single complaint
- We made more than 800+ how to videos and posted on youtube on how to replace power jacks on laptop computer for video examples of our work on youtube please visit: YOUTUBE.com/powerjackrepair
- We are very social, we are on facebook, twitter and google+ scroll down for the links
- We are the largest distributor of DC Power Jacks in the U.S. If you want to do the repair yourself and you just need the parts you can order the parts for any make and model here: www.LaptopPort.com
- Communication is extremely important for our clients, so if you ever call us, we WILL pick up the phone and try to resolve whatever issue you might have. Write a message on google pages or Facebook.
The most common laptops that we work on here every day are
Dell insipron 15, 13, HP x360 Asus Q series, ASUS DELL Alienware Lenovo HP Probook HP Pavilion Samsung MSI CyberPowerPC Dell Inspiron HP Elitebook Dell Precision Sager
If you had to wiggle jiggle the plug for quite some time then we are here to help you. If your laptop stopped working all of the sudden for no reason then we probably won’t be able to help you.
Symptoms of a loose or broken or cracked power jack socket input port connector receptacle are:
- very loose charging port socket jack input port
- broken power jack charge port or plastic housing for power jack
- malfunctioning laptop dc power sockets
- bad power connector
- cracked power socket
- ac power adapter plug broken, bad or missing
- dc power jack is loose
- dc power jack loose faulty broken
- laptop jack intermittent connection to the motherboard
- laptop power connector gone bad
- need replacing the power jack
- Lenovo power jack bad
- Dell power jack bad
- Samsung power jack bad
- Chromebook power jack bad
- HP Pavilion power jack bad
- Compaq power jack bad
- Toshiba power jack bad
- Gigabyte power jack bad
- CyberPower power jack bad
- Asus power jack bad
- Gateway power jack
- Dell power connector loose faulty
- Faulty Samsung power jack
- Faulty Asus power jack
- Faulty Acer power jack
After not being able to find anyone locally to do such a repair, I located Power Jack Repair via Youtube after watching them fix the same make/model of laptop I was having issues with. According to the tracking numbers, Power Jack Repair had my laptop in their care and custody for 24 hours before shipping it back to me.
I wouldn't hesitate at all using this company. Awesome and fast service as well as excellent communication.
I needed a power jack replaced in my computer. Took him about an hour, no issues and works great.
I've done this work before, but never having to solder. This guy was an good though, much appreciated. I would do business with him again in a heart beat.
Oh and the price is right to at $100. I've been quoted anywhere from $150 - $300 so this is a great price for what you're getting.
Very skilled technician working out of his home. Professional and polite. You can mail your laptop in or just drop it off locally if you're in the area. Charges a fair flate rate and works quickly. We had a problem with a laptop power jack requiring a complete disassembly, he was available to do it the same day in one hour for $100. Total lifesaver, worth every penny.
After taking my laptop in, what was originally thought to possibly be a disconnected wire or a broken jack turned out to be corrosion build-up on both the pin and the power port. A bit of cleaning, a little filing, some soldering, and my laptop was consistently charging again. I am very happy with the communication, the process, and the results.
My laptop has had an DC port issue since 2014 when it blew out on me. I paid 45 dollars to micro center JUST to have them tell me that this was the issue and it would cost 500 REAL DOLLARS (Bender's voice) to fix it!!!! WHAT?????!!!!!! THAT'S A WHOLE NEW LAPTOP!!!!!! So I said, "Screw that crap". So it sat there for over a year and some change before I finally came across a website that intrigued me. Don't know how I came across it, but I like what I read. Hmmmmm, well I will email them to see how fast of a response I get. So I emailed them (it was late so wasn't expecting a quick response) and went to sleep. Next morning I had an email from them in my inbox with my questions answered. So I decided to ask more question, did my research and saw more than enough reviews and transactions to say ok let's give it a shot.
So I paid 100 upfront via paypaI thru their website, emailed them my P.O.P and info, packed my laptop and shipped it via fedex (18 and some change to ship it and I emailed them the tracking number. I got a response. All was well. Saw they received it and was just waiting to hear from them. They received it on a Sat so I wasn't expecting them to ship it back Sun. Usually they will fix it and ship it within 24 hours my mine was a day longer. We emailed and they ensured me they would expedite my process and ship it out ASAP. Well they did and they ensured me that it was fixed and I needed an AC adapter since mine was completely dead and even recommended me on one I should get. They emailed me the tracking number and my laptop was sent back to me via UPS, assured me in the UPS note that it was fixed and it was fast!!!! I ordered the recommended AC adapter. When I received it, I plugged it into my port and the light lit right up and I knew it was legit. My HP Pavilion is back home and happy as ever and so am I!
I recommend these guys for sure. I was skeptical at first of course because you can't really trust anything on the web but you can trust these guys. They are awesome and are truly everything they say. Fast, reliable, trustworthy, honest and awesome. for 118 roughly, if you have a DC port issue, they will fix it and cost you way less (see above for my micro center experience with this same issue). Best deal and service you can find for this issue. Don't throw away that laptop, don't buy a new one if there's no need, don't let it sit there and die!!!! send it to the POWER JACK GUYS!!!!
Honestly, I was nervous shipping my laptop so far away for repair but Best Buy wanted to keep my laptop for 5 weeks and said repair cost would start at $500+. This gaming laptop is my lifeline and not just for games, I use it for a variety of things (from volunteer work to business management) and could not be without it for that long. I started searching online for how to repair it myself, that search lead me to this company, they had a youtube video on how to repair my exact laptop and he did it so efficiently. I had a tracking number and it was on it's way back to me about 24 hours after my laptop was received and it's in perfect working order, I couldn't be happier with the service provided. I have been recommending this company to my friends as well (they let me be the test dummy) All around amazing service, helpful technician and such a great price. I cannot thank you enough!