Power Jack Repair replacement fix specializes in dc power jack replacements repair and fixes on laptop computers. DC power Jack on the laptop is also known as an AC DC (direct current) power port, dc power input, laptop dc power connector, dc power socket, pin, inlet, laptop prong, point, inlet, receptacle part, it is an inside piece in the laptop where the dc power plug (tip part of your AC adapter cable) plugs into. It usually goes bad if for quite some time you had to wiggle the plug around to make the system power up or charge the battery, it also goes bad if you would accidentally drop the notebook computer from a table and it lands on a dc power plug that would push in and break the inside power jack connector of your laptop.
Basically, if your laptop battery is not charging anymore, you have to wiggle or jiggle the plug and dc connector constantly to make the system work because the piece inside is loose, the screen flickers, then it is probably the dc power jack issue. If the laptop is at the point where it does not power up anymore at all then the jack is completely broke.
Your laptop will be fixed and shipped out of here by the end of the next business day after we receive. Our full time jobs are taking the laptops apart, remove the dc power jack from the laptop’s motherboard, solder the new power jack to the motherboard, put your laptop back together, test it out, make sure everything works and everything was connected properly, pack the laptop and send it back to you.
We charge a flat rate fee of $100 for everything: labor, all parts (brand new power jack (connector, socket, prong), return shipping and a brand new power plug for your AC adapter if your AC adapter’s plug is faulty). If you already taken the laptop apart yourself and want to send in just the motherboard then the total is $60 that does include return shipping by USPS priority mail. We offer 30 day money back guarantee and we also have a no fix no charge policy, if we can’t make your laptop work your will get your money back less return shipping. We don’t have any diagnostic fees.
If you decide to use our services please pack your laptops very well, please include your AC power adapter with the shipment, feel free to remove and keep the hard drive, write a note about who and where to send the laptop back, put down your email address so that UPS would send you a tracking number, write out a personal or business check in the amount of $100 made out to Applicasoft, and ship your package to:
710 MILL CIRCLE #107
WHEELING, IL 60090
Chicago clients we are located 25 minutes north of downtown of Chicago. We are open 10 a.m. till 1 p.m. Monday-Friday, we could be open earlier and leave much later depends on workload (please call before coming over to make sure somebody will be waiting for you). If you are in the area then simply call, come on in and your computer won’t take more than an hours and a half to fix. The only acceptable payment for walk in clients is cash after the repair is complete.
With any questions feel free to call (847) 529 9441 seven days a week or email: PortRepair AT GMail DOT com (change AT to @ and Dot to .)
When choosing us as your service provider please keep the following facts in mind:
- We are the first company in the U.S. to offer dc jack repair (power connector socket input port prong receptacle) service by mail in the year 2000, a decade later (2017) we still replace more dc power jacks than anybody else in the world.
- We offer 30 days money back guarantee, if you are unhappy with the repair within first 30 days of using the fixed laptop then let us know and we will give you the money back less the return shipping.
- We have a no fix no charge policy, basically if after the dc jack replacement the system does not fire up then we don’t charge you anything
- We specialize in power jack replacements, we don’t work on any other computer issues except power jack repairs thus we have all parts in stock at all times.
- We don’t fix your old jack, we simply put a brand new one instead of the old one (basically we replace it)
- Our price is all inclusive, there is no up selling, there are no diagnostic fees of any kind, there is no bait and switch. We make the system work at an advertised price, or you don’t pay a cent.
- Legitimacy and reviews: Please check our facebook, yelp, google reviews. Also chicago office of Better Business Bureau has an A+ rating for our company, here is the link to BBB web site for our company copy and paste: BBB.org/chicago/business-reviews/computers-service-and-repair/applicasoft-in-wheeling-il-88263336 It shows we are in business for 17 years without a single complaint
- We made more than 600+ how to videos and posted on youtube on how to replace power jacks on laptop computer for video examples of our work on youtube please visit: YOUTUBE.com/powerjackrepair
- We are very social, we are on facebook, twitter and google+ scroll down for the links
- We are the largest distributor of DC Power Jacks in the U.S. If you want to do the repair yourself and you just need the parts you can order the parts for any make and model here: www.LaptopPort.com
- Communication is extremely important for our clients, so if you ever call us, we WILL pick up the phone and try to resolve whatever issue you might have. Write a message on google pages or facebook.
I needed a power jack replaced in my computer. Took him about an hour, no issues and works great. I've done this work before, but never having to solder. This guy was an good though, much appreciated. I would do business with him again in a heart beat. Oh and the price is right to at $100. I've been quoted anywhere from $150 - $300 so this is a great price for what you're getting.
So, my laptop's jack pin broke on Sunday morning. I went to various laptop repair shops in my area on Monday morning (thanks to the help of my best friend) and either they didn't have the replacement part and it would take over a week to order them OR they charged me a ridiculous price for replacement. SO, my friend suggested I ship it to these guys out in Chicago. I didn't even hesitate. I called Eugene up to clarify a few things before shipping out my laptop. He was very polite and quick with his answers. I paid (via paypal) right before I shipped out my laptop to them Monday afternoon. Now, let me state that they charge a flat fee of $100 to fix/replace your jack and to ship it back to you, it does not include the cost of shipping your laptop TO them. I needed my laptop within the week, so I forked over the cash for next day air. My laptop got delivered Tuesday afternoon. I called to confirm this, and Eugene told me he would have it fixed within a few hours. Later that evening I got a shipping notification from UPS saying that my laptop got shipped and that it would get delivered to me on Thursday. WOW. They were right. I got my laptop back in one piece, and the jack was repaired as promised. I'm even thinking they cleaned up my fan because it's not making that terrible 'whhhrring' noise it usually does upon start up (and if not, oh well!). Anyway, I totally recommend these guys if you're in need of a quick jack repair for a fair price.
I got really lucky when I found Power Jack Repair! I love my laptop but it has a design flaw...the way the power cord connects to the laptop causes it to become loose and inoperable. It's a Dell and Dell no longer had parts in stock to repair the issue (the laptop is 4-5 years old). I took the laptop to Micro Center, an authorized repair shop and they told me there was nothing they could do. The told me to throw the laptop away. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying to fix it myself so I got on youtube to find a do it yourself video. That's where I discovered Power Jack Repair. Not only did they convince me that I was crazy to try it on my own, they convinced me that my laptop would be in good hands with them (just by watching the video)! Dell wanted something like $269 +shipping and handling (but didn't have the parts), Micro Center told me the repair would be cost prohibitive (but they didn't have the parts either). Power Jack Repair charged $100 for the repair and included shipping. I shipped it from Virginia on a Friday and it was returned to me the following Friday. I paid via Paypal which was extremely convenient. They sent an email when the repair was complete reassuring me that the laptop had been repaired and was working well. They also included the tracking number for my laptop in the email. I whole-heartedly endorse this company! I'm going to keep their info handy forever!!!
The most common laptops that we work on here every day are Samsung 7 series, chronos, chromebooks, Samsung series 9 laptops mostly Samsung NP series 700z, np700, 711v, np300 np305 900x R540 rc510 rf511 rv511 , Asus x54c k54c K53E A53E X53 G53 G73 A52F K55 K55A U57 U57A K54e X54E K53e n53s a53e a52f G53J G53JW n56v n56v8 n56vm-rb71 x44h x44l x44L-bbk4 x44hy , Acer Aspire 5551 ms2262 7535-5055 7535 7535g Toshiba Satellite L655 Dell Inspiron 6000 HP CQ60 CQ70 Compaq G60 Sony Vaio VGN and PCG series Alienware Averatec Gateway lenovo z470 1022 yoga laptops
Symptoms of a loose or broken or cracked power jack socket input port connector receptacle are:
- very loose power socket jack input port
- broken power jack or plastic housing for power jack
- malfunctioning laptop dc power sockets
- bad power connector
- cracked power socket
- ac power adapter plug broken, bad or missing
- dc power jack is loose
- dc power jack loose faulty broken
- laptop jack intermittent connection to the motherboard
- laptop power connector gone bad
- need replacing the power jack
- HP Pavilion power jack bad
- Compaq power jack bad
- Toshiba power jack bad
- Gateway power jack
- Dell power connector loose faulty
- Faulty Samsung power jack
- Faulty Asus power jack
- Faulty Acer power jack